Sunday, June 7, 2009

I haven't been home much at all lately. But when I have been, I've enjoyed the privacy. A LOT.

But...

I just received an offer from a very good friend to stay at his place for a mere $150 a month, utilities included. I would have two rooms for myself so I can have a bedroom and living area of my own, and a shared kitchen and bathroom. Free satellite, my pets are welcome.

Besides the fact that we lived together many years ago (try eleven) and he was the funnest roommate I've ever had, he demands a certain amount of alone time and privacy, like me.

I'm just trying not to rush into things because I haven't made the wisest decisions in the past few months.

The biggest factor, one that makes it seem like a no brainer, is that I would be getting out of my neighborhood. We had a few incidences of people (like Gene Hawkins) getting mugged and beaten outside my apartment. My stupid landlord was supposed to install a peek hole in the front door so I can avoid the weirdos, but he hasn't done anything at all, including not fixing the faucet that runs CONSTATLY and drives me batshit crazy.

A hundred and fifty bucks a month.

My mom is upset because I spent my grocery money on art supplies. I've been subsisting on bologne and onion sandwiches and some kind of sugar-free drink mix with lime wedges. I don't mind that I spent my grocery money on art stuff. I'd do it again. Moms don't want to hear that shit, though.

Wit-Knee and I have have been busier than a puppy with two peckers these last few days. We've been making stuff for our Pick Your Poison shop on Etsy. Next week will be all about trying to get our stuff into some local consignment boutiques. We are having a blast with this.

I'm going to go start this morning out right.

No comments: