Friday, May 22, 2009

yesterday seems so far away

Tomorrow is my lovely husband's 33rd birthday. I am decorating a tip jar for him and ordering business cards, which he desperately needs. The tip jar is going to be decoupaged with black and white skulls and red hearts drawn by me and adorned with one of Wit-Knee's sugar skull pendants. I think he will like it. I am kind of short on time and was neck deep in the middle of an art peice when I decided what I was going to do for his birthday.
========================================================================================================================
The piece I am working on was something conceived back when Eye Candy Gallery was open. I just couldn't work on it because I couldn't handle it back then. This is by far the most personal piece of art I've ever produced. It is called 'Lost & Found'. I know I am totally ready now and it is all coming together. What started as one single piece has evolved into four pieces that comprise a whole. I am really excited about it. I can't keep my mind of it. I've been taking notes on my process and my thoughts as I am working. I think I am going to enter it for consideration for the June group exhibit at The Gallery at Brunwick.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Speaking of the gallery, we have worked out all the details for the upcoming classes I will be teaching. It looks like this:
Art Journal Workshop: Express your life through language and art. Students will make an art journal and follow prompts to create meaningful journal pages while learning new art tips and techniques. The class is two hours long. $15 Saturday July 11 at 2pm and pre-registration is required.
Artist Trading Cards Workshop: Take part in the growing popularity of Artist Trading Cards. Participants will learn all about how to create these cards and have the opportunity to make their own to trade. The class is two hours long. $15 Saturday July 18 at 2pm and pre-registration is required.
The Art Goddess Workshop: Join this life affirming class as we make art and explore self identity through mini-shrines, paper dolls and more. The class is two hours long. $15 Saturday July 25 at 2pm and pre-registration is required.
Register for two classes and save $5! Register for all three classes and receive $10 off!!! Pre-registration is required for all classes. Call ***-***-**** or e-mail ***@****.com to register. Classes will be held at the Gallery at Brunwick, located at ___________ .
Treats provided. Please bring your own drink and a friend.
*******************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
I've been very busy with art and lots of good company. Yesterday I had a girl's day with Wit-Knee and Angie. Yay! Kyle has been coming over every day this week. Yays!
June is going to be an EXTREMELY busy month for us. J.T. starts his job teaching at the guitar store, for one thing. Then we are going to start looking for a bigger place in a nice neighborhood so that Kyle can move in. He helped me with a ton of brainstorming on 'Lost and Found' and it was his participation that helped me settle on the title.
Well, I've got to get to work on that tip jar. Love, Candy

No comments: