Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Change of plans.

I'm not going to Fayetteville. Instead, I am packing up and moving out to the Taos/Sante Fe area August 2 after a few quick days in Albequerque. 17 days, baby! You bet your ass that I am counting them down.

The only thing I am sad about is that my son doesn't want to make the move with me. He is being typically 16 and all wrapped up in his friends right now. But we discussed it tonight, and he is definitely going to come spend his X-mas vacation with me. We can play in the snow!!


I'm happy with the way the art journal class turned out. Well, I have some problems with it, actually, but the students were happy (it is a good measure if they sign up for the next two art classes after attending the first class, right?)so I consider it a success. The main issue I have with it is that the students didn't get to complete the final assignment, which the entire class was building up to. Something I need to work on--pacing, timing, what have you.

We concentrated on symbolism--using first group symbols and then personal symbols--to express our life, relationships, and so on. I think this is the right path to take with this class and I am going to stick to it. There are going to be lots of oppurtunities to teach workshops in the Santa Fe/Taos area, I do believe. So much art!! I have already applied for a job as a gallery manager in that area. As Whitney said when writing up my resume for me, DAmn, I look GOOD on paper!

Tonight Kyle and I walked around and watched the sun set and then the moon rise and all I could think about was what it might look like in New Mexico. I just know it is going to look a lot better.

No comments: