Sunday, November 23, 2008

Mama Drama

I've been itching to blog again, and what better time than now, with a ton of holiday pressure upon me suddenly. My mother threw one of her fits and canceled Thanksgiving dinner, then reinstated it, only to cancel it again. Now it is 4 days from Thanksgiving and I have to come up with a Thanksgiving dinner.

I've been surfing the net and taking lots of notes, planning my dinner. I'm not scared of the prospect; I've cooked more than a few Thanksgiving dinners. Right now I have a list of Thanksgiving essentials: Turkey, stuffing, potatoes, sweet potatoes, something with cranberry in it and pumpkin something.

To celebrate our first Thanksgiving shacking up together, Mr. Martini and I have already decided we are going to serve Pumpkin Spice martinis.

I found this recipe at Haunted Bay.

Pumpkin Pie Martini

Pumpkin Pie Martinis
  • 4 oz of Smirnoff vodka
  • 1 oz Stolichnaya Vanil vodka
  • Cocktail Candy Vanilla Shake cocktail sugar
  • Pumpkin spice

Pour all of the liquid ingredients into a shaker 1/4 full of cracked ice and shake. Allow shaker to rest while rimming two iced martini glasses with Vanilla Cocktail Candy Rim Sugar. Strain martini into glasses. Garnish with a shake of pumpkin pie spice.

I think I might modify it some and use cinammon sticks for garnish.



No comments: