Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Anthony Bordain!

I love love love Anthony Bordain. I want to marry him. Is he gay? No, wait. I want to BE him.



Last night I watched the new episode of No Reservations. He went to Mexico. I want to go to Mexico! The most intriguing part of the show was when he went to an island that was inhabited by an old man fighting off the spirit of a dead girl. See, 50 years ago a girl drowned on his property edge and he believed the spirit of the girl sometimes returned to haunt him. He started fetching old baby dolls from the water, believing that he was rescuing them and in return they offered him protection from the spirit. Soon people started bringing him discarded dolls and he began nailing them up on trees all over the property. The man spent his last 25 years on the island, never once leaving. I wish I could find a picture. It is a truly spooky sight to behold.

This inspired me to make a doll themed PDF collage sheet.  

The other night I was at my sister's and she pulled out a tarot deck I had given her a few years ago. She had not opened it because superstition has it that you should never open your own deck when you first get it. So I opened it for her. The cards are just lovely. 

It has a Merman card. I want a Merman of my own!

I didn't make a video last night because I cried my eyes out and messed up my face. It is a stressful time. I'll try again tonight.


5 comments:

Jocelyn in Wonderland said...

Be gentle with yourself. We will all be here when you are ready.

J

My Siren Song said...

Michael de Meng just visited the Isla of Dolls and posted some video of it on his blog. It's the same place you had seen on that t.v. program. I think you will enjoy it. There is also an island of Witches in Mexico,but that's another story.

Fawn and Flower said...

I think he's married? I love him too. And I saw the doll show as well! So creepy though! Can you imagine?? Even AB seemed pretty freaked out, haha. I like your doll project though xx

WRY said...

The doll island...I loved that part!!!

Kewpie said...

Oh my gosh he's mine,,, I am going to marry him first!!!