Monday, February 2, 2009

Splitting the Sheets

So I have been asked what I meant when I wrote that Mr. Martini and I are splitting the sheets. Well, we are no longer going to live together, but we are still going to date exclusively... for awhile.

If you google "splitting the sheets" the first hit is a divorce attorney.

I heard that it comes from a Cherokee practice. When a couple is married, they are given a wedding blanket and the man moves into the woman's teepee. In the event that things don't work out, she has the option of splitting the marital blanket in half and sending him back to his mother's teepee. 

1 comment:

Jocelyn in Wonderland said...

Thank you so much for explaining that one! I am sorry that things are challenging right now. If you need to talk you know where to find me.

Jocelyn