Tuesday, April 28, 2009

today

J.T. and I seem to have incredible luck together. Whenever we go out people give us money, cigarettes, pot, buy us drinks... we have a lucky star hanging over our heads, for sure. Blessed.

Our neighborhood is incredible. I'm talking about the poorest of the poor. The down and out, the weak, the condemned. And they have the biggest hearts of all. At our wedding a man we didn't even know bought us 7 bottles of champagne.

We don't have anything to offer but some music, some smiles, some company. But sometimes that is what people need most. An ear to listen, a good time, a story. People tell us that our love for eachother and life is contagious. I hope it is.

When somebody quits or gets fired, Ms. Joy is going to hire me to keep bar at the Scorpion Lounge. A friend told me I better keep my switchblade with me. I know I don't have to. That bar is always full of people that would never let anybody hurt me.

I've been spending the morning crocheting and listening to Miss Derringer. J.T. is outside painting a sign by the front door that says, "We're prolly at the Peen. J.T. & Candy"

We're starting a magazine about the TRUE lowbrow culture of Fort Smith. We are going to tell stories about all the people we meet, do interviews, take pictures, all that.

When I get dressed I'll walk down to the Peen to check my mail and post this, walk down the road to pick up dog food for Tokyo, then over to cousin Phil's to use the phone and check on everybody outside of the neighborhood.

I found the perfect (and more then willing) model for the photography project I've been thinking about for months. He is a beautiful 24 year old that looks all of 15. Gorgeous.

Everything is wonderful.

No comments: