Thursday, August 13, 2009

Is there a particular scent you are interested in today?


<---- Journal page. Click for larger image. I've been playing around with packing tape transfers the last few days.
The art collective that we've been talking about forming for a year now has finally taken shape. We are called Horse/Horse and we've taken on our first project: 12 x 12 x 20. This will be a group show in December to take place at the Gallery at Brunwick. The show will consist of pieces no larger than 12" x 12" and priced at no more than $20. Anything else goes. I will be posting an official Call for Artists in the next few days with all the details. We started a blog last night: Horse/Horse Collective Blog. We have a whole list of projects to work on and we'll be keeping the blog updated at least once a week.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I got the job I interviewed for yesterday. Let's just say I will be peddling lotion at the mall. You know the store.
It is a job, dammit.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Anyway, I've been feeling super anxious the last few days about needing a job and looking forward to getting my own place. It has been such a long time since I've had this kind of craving for stability. All I want is to be able to pay the rent and have some peace and quiet so I can work on art and writing.
I feel like I have lost a year of my life to turmoil and if I can't get it back, well then I will try to make up for it by living very intentionally and for myself. I'm trying to figure out how to be practical and still preserve the romance of life. Is this what 35 is about?
(And then) Mr. Martini showed up the other night with a few bottles of wine, some pasta and a blanket for a late night picnic, catching me off guard. He always has a way of doing that. Yes, yes, he is back in my life just three weeks after I swore to his mother and my own that I was not going to let him just waltz back into my life as he has so many times in the past after making yet another exit. Am I crazy?
Yes. It is documented. But this is the real proof.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Also, having a 16 year old doesn't help. It has been a rough week. Thankfully they go back to school next week.
Feels like the pieces are falling into place today.

1 comment:

Kozmicbluesbaby said...

Thanks for being such a strong support to me right now, with everything you have going on. I love you sis and you help me feel strong, MUAHH