Sunday, August 2, 2009

send me dead flowers and i won't forget to put roses on your grave


Usually when I move into a new place, I buy something as a housewarming gift to myself... something pretty and unpractical. For Grandma's house in Alma I bought a monkey figure holding a mirror. For my apartment, it was a carved mermaid surrounding a mirror. For Matt's house, it was an incense burner. For Kevin and Wit-Knee's apartment. I decided that because my stay here is temporary, these Pink Ladies I picked would be appropriate. Something that won't last long.

And now it appears that my stay here will be more temporary than I thought. Due to financial constraints, they are moving at the end of the month. I feel very bad for the troubles that are having. And I don't yet know where I am going, but I have the month to figure it out.

We moved my stuff over here this weekend, and now it is pointless to unpack everything. So I am dividing everything up until what I need to live and be productive, and what I can put into storage. I'm pretty happy about this, actually, as paring down on my necessary objects is liberating already.

The art show was nice on Friday. Don't know why I didn't take pictures. Saw some friends and read some poetry. I only read three pieces because my book of writing was locked up in somebodies house. I read with Quin. He reads quite well. I would like to improve my performance and read some more in the future. I really miss the open mic nights at Eye Candy. It was a great place/way to work out new pieces.

Most of the weekend was spent with my Secret Agent Man. I agree with him on the thought that being able to move together so well is a good sign in regards to our potential together. Everything is feeling mellow, easy and right.

Don't know what this week holds other than this packing/unpacking business and drawing up some proposals for future classes at the gallery.

Even though my life is still in flux to a degree that I am not at all comfortable with, I still feel good. Really good.

No comments: