Friday, August 21, 2009

waiting

Today has been wonderful. Productive and creative. Now I'm drinking coffee and painting. (And waiting on Mr. Martini to come see me.)

I loathe waiting for paint to dry!

Here is what I started tonight. It is on a found piece of wood that measures about 18" by 9". I'm using acrylic paint, spray paint, acrylic glazing medium, varnish... I think I am going to throw in some charcoal and oil pastels, as well.




Found this pic on my camera. I think my son took it. This is where I "work" on a lot of my stuff. I am apparently only working my jaw in this photo, though.






I know people have been reading this blog. See, I have that little thing on the lower right side that tells me where people are visiting from. I appreciate people taking the time to read about my silly little life. Maybe say hi or something?

3 comments:

Fawn and Flower said...

How do you like pastels? I always wanted to be better with them but have found that mostly I just make a big mess.

I'm glad you're waiting for Mr.M to come see you... you sound more cheerful and that's wonderful :)

I used to obsess over my stat counter but read something somewhere about how MOST of the people who read blogs just do so as lurkers. I still wish I could call them out though!

Candy said...

I LOVE oil pastels! Probably because they are so messy. They just blend so well and the colors can be vibrant or muted... and I get them all over me!
I am the messiest ever with art supplies. The other day I sat in some yellow paint and all day long people were politely asking me if I knew that I had yellow paint on my rear!
Yes, my spirits have improved since Mr. Martini stepped back in. I do love that man.
Thank you for commenting!

psychokitten78 said...

I do try to check in from time to time but lately reading (and updating my own) blogs has just been harder and harder to find the time for.

One of these days, when I get my damn studio finished we should hang out and get plastered...being a hermit has it's drawbacks when you really like people around. I need more creative people around me from time to time to bounce crazy ideas off of.