Thursday, December 24, 2009

christmas eve



X-mas Eve....

I guess I am the grinch that stole Christmas this year.

Due to inclement weather and the winding road to my parent's house, I made the call to not go down to the folk's house this evening. Needless to say, mom is not happy about this. However, I feel confident that she will not only live through this, she will even get over it. Eventually.

Last night was the seven year anniversary of the death of my son's biological father. He was 28 when he died. It was a single car, drunk driving accident. About a month ago I had a very vivid dream about him. I was visiting him at his home, which was a lovely house overlooking a beautiful river. His skin was glowing, he was smiling. I said, "So this is where you live now?" It was one of those dreams that really sticks with you.

So he has been on my mind.

Seven years ago.

Maybe I can write about something nice when this damn holiday is over.

Have a good one.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is rather interesting for me to read the post. Thank author for it. I like such topics and everything connected to this matter. I definitely want to read more on that blog soon.

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!