Friday, December 12, 2008

all that glitters....

I have been cleaning up the studio and ran across a few pieces of jewelry I got from a bag that a friend gave me. The items belonged to his grandmother. He also gave me a gorgeous old crochet bedspread and a suitcase full of fantastic old photos. This JFK pendant is my favorite piece. I was wearing it for a minute and the chain broke. I also have a pair of vintage owl earrings that will be going to a Swap-Bot partner. They are adorable. 

Last night I amused myself by making a snowglobe from a baby food jar--just like in 1st grade! Mine has gold glitter and an astronaut floating around. 


I love these glitter dipped deer from Target. They remind me of the Robot Love series of canvases that Mr. Martini and I are working on.

Today was a fun mail day. We got boxes from Swiss Colony from a family friend of Mr. Martini and I received some rosaries that I can use for my pocket shrines. Word on the street is that the local art collective Art Amiss! is putting together a Craft Amiss! event. I'm thinking that I definitely want to have a table at that and pocket shrines will probably be one of the items I'd bring. 

Lately we have all been debating Craft vs. Art around here. It gets complicated when you view it as a gender issue. It is certainly good for us to be talking about this and I hope we continue to do so.       

No comments: