Tuesday, December 9, 2008

pocket shrines

Today was a boring, overcast day. I decided to make a couple of pocket shrines to fill the time and cheer me up a little. I apologize for the picture quality-patience is not mine today. These are very simple shrines. I may make others with more detail.  

Here are the covers. The boxes measure 3" by 5" and are about a half inch deep. The one on the left is a shrine to Frank Zappa. I used some of his amazing quotations to focus on. The front says, "Art is making something out of nothing and selling it."   
The one on the right is a shrine to John Waters and Divine. It says: "Divine Trash"
  

The inside. I used paint, glitter, stickers, fabric, rubber stamps and paper to make this one. I also cut a bracelet in half and glued it to the front and back covers to make a closure. On the left is the king of trash. The image on the right is actually a fabulous rubber stamp of Divine. Where in the hell does one find a Divine rubber stamp? Viva Las Vagas Stamps!


This one contains some of my favorite Zappa quotes.

"In a fight between you and the world-pick the world."

"If your children ever find out how lame you really are, they'll kill you in your sleep."

"May your shit come to life and kiss you on the face."

"Beauty is a pair of shoes that make you wanna die."

"Without deviation from the norm, progess is not possible." 

1 comment:

Fawn and Flower said...

I love the John Waters one! That is so fun, what a great idea. You are so fancy! :) Haha, I remember watching Pink Flamingos with my mother when I was rather young, and we were both very embarrassed. Not a good family flick!