Saturday, December 13, 2008

Glitter and Doom

Sometimes it is is nice to sleep til noon on a Saturday.

The weekend has been very chill so far. We went out for dinner last night and came back home to settle in for the night. I lit some candles and incense in the studio and we worked on some projects.  

Mr. Martini is still working on our submission to the Dirty Show. He actually only has until tomorrow to finish it, so he has been busy with it since he woke up this morning.

I started putting together packages for some swap-bot partners. I'm just about done with the first one.
There is stationery and envelopes made from old wallpaper samples. The boxes contain some sweet surprises, but I will leave it at that in case she comes peeking over here.  Sorry for the dark pictures. I was working in very low light.

I think I will wait until after X-mas to do any more of these. I have some gifts I need to be working on.

We are going to go pick up an X-mas tree at Target today. I am excited. Though I am still a little sad that my ex boyfriend left my nice aluminum tree from West Elm in the storage area of our old apartment when we were moving out. 

To the left is a box I am working on for someone else. It is a nod to Tom Waits and his Glitter and Doom tour. 

We have been loving the internet radio site www.pandora.com. You can type in an artist that you like and it will create a radio station with related artists for you. So far the Tom Waits station is the big winner in my book.   

My Nay Nay is on blogger now! Check her out at KozmicBluesBaby. Add her! She is going through a really hard time right now, but like I said before, she is an amazingly strong woman. And the only other person I know that can whip out a pot bellied pig story--she has some great stories. Because she has lived one hell of a life.   

1 comment:

Kozmicbluesbaby said...

Haha, thanks for the kudos. You know i'm your #1 fan and i adore YOU and all of your creativeness. Oh what fun you've been having, great sites by the way.Luv you sis