Monday, December 15, 2008

Highlight of my morning, maybe even my day: "This is a farewell kiss, you dog!" I've been talking about shoes as weapons for years. Try to fuck with me when I am wearing my six inch stripper heels! 
While walking through the cemetery yesterday I spied some flowers through some cracks in a fence. I went to investigate and found this mass 
grave of flower carcasses. So this is what happens. 

Yesterday was so warm I was wearing a tank top and now I am freezing my tush off. Apparently it snowed in the area last night. 

I started working on my X-mas cards. "You're starting on your Christmas cards NOW?!?" Yes, I have waited til now. I generally don't start really getting into X-mas until about the middle of December. If I start too early then I burn out.

Usually my X-mas cards have been a big production--designing and silk screening them, for instance. This year I am going to make less and do them one at a time. Below is the results of me fooling around with various tags I made using cardstock, old wallpaper samples, 1970's catalog women, stencil + spraypaint, wrapping paper and various other things.  

Turns out that the deadline for the Dirty Show isn't until today, which is a very good thing because we realized it really wasn't done, so Mr. Martini is working out the kinks. Ultimately I am going to stitch on the canvas, but it is so large that there is no possible way that I would be able to finish it today. So it will have to stay "as is" until we find out if it is accepted into this show.  



No comments: