Wednesday, December 3, 2008

more art journal

Kinsagashi! asked what the dimensions of my art journal are. My current journal is  10" x 7" and my last journal measures 9 1/2" x 6". I like working in spiral bound journals so that I can open the journal out flat and paint on the pages. 

I took photos of my last journal and will be posting a few pics at a time here. These are not in the actual order.


page 1- photograph of the world's smallest woman at a small time carnival. page 2- playing around with watercolor pencils.


page 3- "Diagram 1: It would seem that over time these two vital organs of the senses diminish in their capacity to function. As one organ shuts down (left) the other (right) responds in kind." page 4- The Star Child


page 5- altered photograph. MLF= Mary Liberation Front. page 6- I got pneumonia. Again.


1 comment:

Fawn and Flower said...

I looked up "star child" because I had never heard of it, and... what the hell! I can't really wrap my head around it yet. Is it supposed to be a deformed 800 year-old boy, an alien, or a cancer patient?

Your journal's sure pretty though. I glue cut-outs in projects, but I don't draw on them, I just glue them into things.