Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Art Supplies!

Maybe the worst thing about being sick is when you finally feel better, you have so much catching up to do. 

The only real creativity I've managed is keeping up with my art journal.  I finally put something on the cover. I figure I will finish it as I work on my journal. I have some ideas for other books I want to make, but I guess that will be an addition to my pending projects list for now.   

I'm super excited about teaching an art journal class this month (It's free! Contact me for details.) at the library. And knowing that friends will be there makes getting my feet wet a little less scary. It looks like the Fort Smith Arts Center wants to pick my class up for their March schedule. That class won't be free, so get in while you can! And man, oh man, it always feels good to get paid for doing what you love to do. 

I cleaned up and rearranged the studio so hopefully now it is more workable. I always end up with my art supplies all over the bed because I can't find any room to work in the studio. How silly.  

To the left is a really bad drawing I did in my journal. See, I'm not afraid to show you my bad stuff! I've been trying to stick to a few basic supplies and I think watercolor pencils are perfect for packing with you because you get all those colors in one compact little box. I'm just not very good at working with them yet. I did purchase a new set of paintbrushes, so that might help. I had like, two paintbrushes to my name. Not that there aren't a million paintbrushes in this house, but there was an incident when I "borrowed" one of Mr. Martini's bran spanking new fancy pants paintbrushes. Sheesh. 

You all should have have heard Kevin and Mr. Martini's fake podcast, aptly titled: Brush Talk.  I was complaining to Whitney that Mr. Martini takes all my Tupperware to use for palettes. Shame, shame. But the truth is, I am a far worse offender. There was the brush incident, and all of his wallpaper samples that I adopted as my own, not to mention the paint rags I swipe from him and the stack of rub-ons.... 

I'm sad and worried about a friend of mine. She is off her meds, in a bad state of mind and missing right now. Come home, little birdy.

This morning I did something I know I'm not supposed to do, but it was cold out and I know what it is like to be thumbing a ride. So I picked him up. We all have to take care of eachother. 
         

1 comment:

Kevin M Smith said...

Super Post! Maybe I'll actually make a "brush talk" podcast one day. But, I doubt it, other than the one nice brush I use some, I typically employ cheap craft brushes, or super cheap foam brushes.