Wednesday, January 21, 2009

FOOD

I'm trying to eat better these days. I made some yummy pasta and used the leftovers in a frittata for lunch. This is how you do it:

Coarsely chop up a pound of broccoli. Boil water and a punch of salt.  Throw in a pound of bow tie pasta. Steam broccoli. I like to use a bamboo steamer on top of my pasta for steaming veggies.

Now, throw 1/4 cup of olive oil and three cloves of garlic together and saute the garlic. Add pasta, broccoli, three pinches of red pepper flakes and a pinch each of salt and pepper. Heat through. Toss with 1/2 cup of your favorite Italian cheese and serve with bread.

To use the leftovers in a frittata, whip together three eggs and some milk. Coat a nonstick skillet with olive oil and pour in leftover pasta. Add egg mixture. Allow to very lightly on one side, then flip and lightly brown the other side. Serve with leftover toasted bread.

I like these eggs:

1 comment:

Kevin M Smith said...

I like those eggs too. veggie fed free range hens. yay!